potatoes £11.00 a bag

i don’t beleave it! £11.00 for a bag of eating potatoes that’s what the wife said they where selling bags of spuds for £11.00 a bag down the village

having said that i haven’t seen a great increase in price for seed potatoes although i ordered the bulk of my seed spuds in September last year and there was a delivery charge added to the price

i also bought some seed spuds at my local garden centre and they didn’t seam over priced

fingers crossed we have a half decent season this year for our potato crops

Grief Roly that is bad! :cry: I still have some in store, thank goodness, but don’t think they will quite last until the 1st earlies are ready. Might have to pop a few in the cold frame! :yes:

2. Vistamoraira says:

Have you found your seed potatoes smaller this year? I’ve received mine from JBA in Scotland and a lot of them are “pebbles”. Was thinking about planting two to a station, but not sure?

3. Hayley says:

Definitely wouldn’t be buying them at that price Roly, what a shocker! I’d resist putting two in together VM, they need a bit of space. :yes:

4. Flighty says:

Without knowing what size/weight bag, or which variety, there’s no way of tellling if they’re overpriced or not!

5. pinecone says:

£11 for potatoes i used to buy a sack for £5.00 mind you we’re living on storecupboard leftover rice and pasta at the mo cause are spud harvest was naff last year :cry:

i’ve noticed lately how much they’ve gone up, at my local farm shop last year a bag of dirty maris piper were £1.20 this year they’re £1.70, thats a big jump. i’m hoping to have enough to get me through most of the winter as i’ve ordered more seed potatoes this time :good: