Garden Tiles ….. Gertie’s Garden Flora in Mid May 2015 ….. A continuing record of what is out there…..in sun light and rain.

Garden Tiles

Gertie’s Garden Flora in Mid May 2015

A continuing record of what is out there…..in sun light and rain.

IMG_2926sq

IMG_2879.sqJPG

Not grapes, but Privet for the birds!

IMG_2968sq

IMG_2967.sqJPG

From dark berries to dark elder leaves, and glowing heuchera …..

IMG_3038.rsqJPG

IMG_2884.sqJPG

IMG_2880sq

From berries to buds and blooms in baskets!…..

IMG_2943sq

IMG_2949sq

IMG_3044.sqJPG

IMG_3047sq

IMG_2867rsq

IMG_2950sq

IMG_3027sq

IMG_2956.sqJPG

It’s no great leap of imagination to see where the Victorian tile makers were coming from with their floral images.

stock-photo-a-brightly-coloured-victorian-period-aesthetic-daisy-design-floral-tile-8996143

IMG_2944sqJPG - Copy

WDM-BBBY-lg

…albeit, those I chose are of Summer flowers! [ref GOOGLE]

IMG_2941.sqJPG - Copy

IMG_2870sq

IMG_2871sq

IMG_2936.sqJPG - Copy

IMG_2935sq - Copy

IMG_3043sq

IMG_2841sq

original-fireplace-tilesa022-victorian-tile-with-floral-pattern-superb-china-blue-flowers-a21237-1000x1000.jpgsq

IMG_2952sq

IMG_2945sq

IMG_2946sq

IMG_2878.sqJPG

IMG_2959sq

IMG_3055sq

IMG_2947sq - Copy

IMG_2948sq

IMG_2955.sqJPG

IMG_2953sq

IMG_2999sq

IMG_3035sq

IMG_3057sq

IMG_3023sqJPG

The beautiful foliage I covered in a former diary, “Quartets”, so I omit it from this, but it’s still there in the garden.

IMG_2843.sqJPG

From pictures to poetry, in paints, ceramics, needlepoint and embroidery, our garden flowers go on inspiring us. Now I use photography ….. and so it goes on.

np_morris_rose

IMG_2562CM

9077_1Lsq

IMG_3053sq

IMG_2508CM

Anne ….. Mid-May, 2015.

1. dixon says:

Such a great show for mid may gertie, superb. :good:

Crumbs that was quick Dixon :wacko: I’ve only just finished apologising to Karen for getting it all over Click page by error :cry:
    Thank you anyway for your kind words :rose:

Honestly Anne you are so talented. Such beautiful flowers, brilliant photography and I love the comparisons to the tiles. Have you done the tapestry as well? It fair lifts the spirits just looking at those photographs. What is that intense blue flower? :rose: :heart:

Oh Cilla … I wish, but thank you, I do have fun with flowers! I don’t do tapestry; Dom’s Mum used to; the pics are of a Victorian cushion cover and a replica … [there are lots in Google…fascinating ‘place’ :lol: ]
    I am so glad you enjoyed the reading ‘cos I enjoyed putting it together … I love writing these records and diaries. The blue flower…do you mean the petunia, c. no. 20? It was very velvety and looked very blue in the light when I snapped it. :rose:

I Wondered if it was a petunia, how lovely.

Petals are delightful aren’t they :yes: like crumpled satin, or soft velvet, or milled to a fine crisp finish like a good piece of paper. There are many very satisfying things in life. I like petals :rose: Am now imagining a strongly shaped, sweet-smelling rose petal…joy :-)

I don’t know the approx. size of your garden Anne – but I have a feeling you are getting value out of each square foot – and once again, it’s several weeks in front of mine, and a promise of some things I will see soon – although they probably won’t look quite as good in reality as they do in your excellent photographs.

There’s astute of you Sheila :lol: Close ups can ignore the riot around them!!! :whistle: ;-)
    Have you noticed how photographs also show up all the dross around a subject too? I frequently go back to the garden and do more judicious tidying up when I notice the need on the pictures :yes: :rose:

9. mick1970 says:

I do like picture 2 what are they,not much happening yet here greenery is about all am getting :good:

Hi Mick :bye: Picture 2 ….. Dicentra are the strings of pearls ;-) and geraniums are the pink ones, and if you would like some geraniums I can easily send you some, but I warn you that they are thugs, though very satisfying ones :yes: :rose:
    Sheila and Tina say the same about the comparative tardiness of growth in your neck of the woods…it’s fascinating, but it will all catch up soon, I dare say. My daughter, in the south of France, says it’s very hot there, and has been for weeks! Their mimosa was out when we visited in early March this year. :yahoo: