SCARECROWS

Running a scarecrow competition as part of our weeks activities for National Allotments  Week. Wine making talk yesterday, and it’s just a coincidence that  tomorrows talk is making herbal teas.. Today  talk and demo was willow weaving

It’s all so lovely at your plot Tony … wish I could camp there!! :yahoo: :rose:

I’d like the Termitator in Gertie’s Garden Tony…to see off my slugs :yahoo:

Absolutely brilliant, Tony. I really enjoyed this film and the sheer creativity shown by members of you allotment garden. It must be really wonderful to walk around – and I couldn’t help noticing it looked as tidy as if you had all been busy with sweeping brushes.

What a great film Tony and brilliant scarecrows. People are so inventive, I wouldn’t like to have to choose a winner. It really is a lovely lottie site and looks very rural in the background, I think a lot of us envy you. :yes:

I think we should all write to the BBC Production Dept and suggest that their gardening output would be absolutely stunning if they built a series around these allotments, and followed them throughout the year – introducing plot holders, with details of growing specialities etc. – as long as plot holders agreed of course.

6. dandlyon says:

Great Idea Sheila, the only snag I can see is the Black Country accent, its not popular with the BBC. Locals who have made have had to change, people like Lenny Henry, Julie Walters, Jasper Carrot

7. Brilliant scarecrows, Tony – very inventive your plotter friends!

I thought the BBC had dropped its prejudices against accents Tony :unsure: We were discussing this topic last Sunday over lunch with friends with a variety of accents …..love accents :heart: :rose:

Surely the BBC can manage sub-titles for the linguistically challenged?