Gertie’s Garden Makeover

Gertie’s Garden Makeover

[Clear up, well soon, more like!]

We love the Arbour.

So, when it’s good for a romantic ‘shot’ , a wonderful resort for Autumn spiders, and a possible place for brambles to proliferate…..

IMG_3611.cmJPG

… When it’s a terrific place to photograph for experimental shots [especially with all that verdigris on the seat]…..

… to enamel …

… to try as coloured foil …

… or curlicue!

IMG_3611.cmenamelJPG

IMG_3611.cmfoilJPG

IMG_3611curli

…when it can be framed …..

IMG_3615sqmmJPG

…and that framed shot can be enamelled …..

IMG_3615sqmmenamelJPG

…., curlicued …..

IMG_3615sqmmcurliJPG

…. .even turned into a virtual fairyland corner! …..

IMG_3615sqmmfoilJPG

….. but it’s not a good place for a relaxing sit down with a cuppa,

….. then it’s time to do something.

First , however, I will fidget with the Summer remnants, whilst it rains outside.

White flowers turn happily metallic when using the chrome app. …

petuniax4mm

….. and they turn magical colours with the coloured foil app.

morepetuniasx5strip

IMG_3630sqmmfoil

The play possibilities for long, dark, wet, Winter months suddenly stretch ahead full of colour.

Before then, however, I must cut down the mad tangle around the Arbour and let it start afresh for next year.

Photo-freakery or gardening?

I think both.

Anne   September ….. 2015.

You are having fun Anne. Who knows what might happen if you sit in the spooky arbour :whistle:

2. Love the flower, Anne – would make a fine print :yes:

And a stained glass window on the last one. :yes:

It’s amazing what comes up, and then I can alter it towards what comes to mind….love this game, and wondering how I can use it in the stories next :yahoo:

5. :good: they look fab Anne, perhaps some enameled bears :unsure: I do think you should find a way of producing these :yes: :yes: :rose:

• gertie says:

:rose: I keep thinking about it Lynn … and Daddy’s quote, when I was a child, “You know what thought did don’t you? It didn’t. It only thought it did!” comes to mind again and again … maybe I think too much :lol:

6. Yewbarrow says:

love it Anne – and just love the Arbour (?spelling) you have photographed – could sit there with a cuppa and just enjoy

:rose: We sometimes do Jenny, and I would love for my Clicker friends to fly by and have a cuppa there with me :yes: :rose:

Just had a coffee in my lunch Anne…Thanks :rose: …I am a member of a online photography group in Yorkshire Anne…maybe you should have a look for one in your area..its good fun and you pick up more ideas too :good:

Thanks Sue, cheers :good: An online group sounds interesting, tho’ if it’s online, how relevant is the area? Does your Yorkshire group encourage forays into the Minster or across the Yorkshire Moors, for topical photo taking, rather than the Thames and the Tower? :lol: how does it work? :rose:

10. dixon says:

Love the effects gertie, :rose: especially the whispy ones, you have become the Banksy of GC :lol:

Hmmm, thank you Dixon, I think :lol: