Flying Squadrons Afternoon Tea

Please accept my apologies for the quality of this video its not the sharpest and the sound as its quite crackly and added to that my Brummie accent may grate on a few nerves so you might want to turn the volume down or off.

Despite the poor quality I wanted to post this as the flying squadron make me laugh every day as they follow you around the garden in droves twittering at you incessantly until you feed them.  One day I might get a decent video camera and take something a little more elegant.

Oh Alison! That is totally lovely :lol: …and they hardly waited till the provider of food had left before they came down in droves!! :shout: Gorgeous :love: :rose:

2. Allan says:

Nice to see them in that sort of number Ali. :rose:

Lovely Ali, are they sparrows? The garden looks lovely too. :good:

4. dixon says:

Wish I could attract that many in my garden Alison :confused:

5. A lot of twittering indeed, Ali :good:

6. Jenn says:

Fantastic Ali – love the video. The little birds are quite mesmerising, aren’t they :love:

Brill Allison, they love whatever your feeding them :good:

8. AliCat says:

Sorry I have only just got around to replying, but yes they are sparrows.
    They are only fed on a general mix of garden bird seed and we put out fat balls along with the odd bread crumbs and pastry scraps which they absolutely love, but they are really cheeky chappies, I have to wait until they have munched the lot to put another feed out for the other birds who have learned to be patient and wait for them to feed and go. They roost in the shrubs by the house and the evening twittering is quite something to listen to, all be it rather loud :-)

Have just had another look and listen Alison … it’s magical :love: … I wonder if you could take a ‘still’ from the video, and crop and enlarge it to see the individual birds more clearly… they do appear to be Sparrows/Dunnocks … and I have not seen so many together, working in unison … it’s lovely :good: :rose: