Back to the Pres. A Pretty Day.

Back to the Pres. A Pretty Day.

Tuesday was a day for pretty skies, pretty flowers and pretty Insects. Mind you, it started with a pretty disastrous leak to the loo that had to be sorted … it took ages, but thanks to my predilection for collecting over the years [corks] and my genius with lateral thinking ;-) [ hose pipe] I got out of standing by and collecting water in bowl and bucket for over an hour, whilst Dom eventually mended it!

It was a lazy day. We set out the loungers and sunshade, and munched Focaccia bread in the garden for lunch whilst spotting butterflies and birds, or admiring the ever-changing sky. There were large and small Whites, Meadow Browns a-plenty, and I even saw a much-coveted Humming Bird Hawk Moth. We also popped across the road to say Hallo to our old friend, Christiane, which was lovely … [she makes super coffee!]

Okay, there is a lot to do in the Garden … soon! but the leaves and berries are so pretty at this time of year ….. I just enjoyed looking today.

On the wall of the house, lizards of various sizes, and colours; patterns of reddish brown, or greens; skittered up and down and hid in nooks or behind shady shutters.

Out in the orchard, at the back of the house, I re-acquainted myself with the friendly sheep * and just soaked up the glorious sunset.

*Christiane explained that the sheep is friendly because it was bottle-reared.   :rose:

Anne ….. August 22nd, 2017

1. The pres, always looks such a relaxing place to be and the countryside so beautiful, even though you always have so much to do. Enjoy :good: :rose: :rose:

Thank you Lynn… we have certainly been relaxing these past few days ;-) I will go proper shopping and post office tomorrow :lol: Then I will have a go at the garden :good: Nightnight :love: :rose:

I am really glad to read (for a change) that the pair of you have spent a day relaxing at the Pres – instead of haring about subduing the garden and caring for the house, as is your wont. After all, surely that was your original intention for having it? But I’m full of awe – I can scarcely keep up with one house and garden. Wonderful photographs as always.

• gertie says:

Your empathy with our soporific state is cheering Sheila … I tend to wallow in floods of guilt when I waste a minute of do-able time, but this is a great place to lie back and watch the sky :lol: :rose: The two-house bit is a conundrum; and neither is a palace, .but I think we are so lucky to have anything …nuff sed :rose:

Idyllic Anne. I love the electric blue Cerotistigma, fabulous having lizards of your own and those gorgeous skies……don’t tame it too much and lose its charm. Just looking at those photos you could be back in the 40/50/60’s, I love the look of it all. :rose:

5. Excellent, Anne and love the lizards, not forgetting the moth :good:

Lovely photos Anne :good: and that house WOW, such character and could definitely tell us some stories I bet ;-) good that you felt you could sit and relax and just enjoy the moment, even though the leaky loo must have been bit of a downer to turn up to, no doubt you’ll catch up with those jobs :-)

• gertie says:

Slowly, slowly Karen ;-) Leaky loo is okay now :good:
      There are stories around the Pres … a very sad and gruesome one from before we bought it too…I’ll tell them another time :good:
      Back from shopping [love the different French foods ;-) and to lunch al fresco :good: HALA :blowkiss: :rose:

*for Forcaccia bread read … Fougasse …. today it’s with olives :walt: :dance: :rose:

Just gorgeous Anne and, like Sheila, I’m delighted to hear that you are having some “chill” time – at last! :rose: Especially loved the colour of the light in you sunsetting pics.

You are so sweet all of you, thank you :love: :-)
    Karen, each time I come to France I am reminded of the Impressionist/ Post Impressionist and Fauve eras who made such play of the wonderful light. I need another lifetime to use what I have learnt in this one ennit …sigh …. :rose: