A little bit of a change

These photos are of my side garden, the top one is what we inherited when we bought the house exactly 2 years ago. Believe it or not theses photos are taken in the same spot! The little well was buried under all those brambles. The bottom photo was taken last summer and has had more planted in it since.

Now this is only a fraction of our garden and it was all like this, so you can imagine how much work it needed. We still have a way to go, but it’s coming along nicely.

This is the other side of the house before and after. Although the before picture had been messier before the photo was taken.

I will add more photos of the rest of the garden when my newly planted spring bulbs are up and the trees are planted. Poor trees have been potted up in the greenhouse all winter as we have clay soil and we have been waiting for the ground to dry up a bit. Fingers crossed we can get them in in the next couple of weeks.

1. Profile photo of cilla cilla says:

Hello Terri, lovely to have you back. Wow you have been busy, quite a change :-) It is all looking great and I bet you can’t wait to put those trees in. What sort are they? I hope we shall see more of you now and you can keep us posted on the progress.

2. Hello Cilla, thank you, it’s nice to be back. I have 10 miniature fruit trees to go in, cherry, pear, cherry plum, crab apple, damson and greengage. What with everything else that’s in there to go in after the frosts it’s a bit cramped! I’ve been buying all the bargains over winter :-)
    Hope all is well?

3. Profile photo of cilla cilla says:

Ooh lovely, all that fruit. Everything is fine thank you. We have planted some trees on the lawn in the last couple of years but no fruit trees. Hopefully we can look forward to spring now and do some sowing when it warms up.

4. Profile photo of gertie gertie says:

Hallo Stranger :high-five: You have been busy … bravo :good: I’ll be very interested to see how the little fruit trees pan out … been wondering whether to or not for a long time :good: Nice to have you back,
    :rose: Anne :good: :rose:

• Thank you Anne, I’m really hoping they will do well, although I’m a little worried as one of them has started to blossom and I’m hoping that it won’t upset it.

5. Profile photo of Beanstew Beanstew says:

Absolutely brilliant! What a terrific difference you have made, and I bet the neighbours love you for it. I’m looking forward to more photographs, and hearing how you went about it.

• Funnily enough my neighbour wasn’t too happy! She didn’t realise that side of our house had a window when she brought hers and she wasn’t happy that her kitchen window is now overlooked, can’t please everyone! But the people at the bottom love it as they get so much more light now.

6. How lovely it all looks and how pleased you must be after all that hard work! :good: Looking forward to seeing some more of your progress in due course and even better, spring is almost really on top of us :-)

7. Profile photo of VegVamp VegVamp says:

Goodness what a transformation Terri, and welcome back! It all looks gorgeous, bet you are looking forward to all the lovely fruit as well. Do keep us posted on progress. :good:

8. Thank you! Oh yes, they say they fruit from year 1, but I’m not holding my breath. I have a very excited little boy who can’t wait!

9. Profile photo of karenp karenp says:

Gosh what a transformation, and did make me laugh about your neighbour ;-) , she will have to put up net up or put up with you waving at her :lol: