Our Street, in the Middle of the Spring, … Our Street, in the Middle of the ….

Our Street, in the Middle of the Spring,

Our Street, in the Middle of the ….

At any time, but especially in Spring our, street has some very pretty blossoms.

At the top of the road are two flowering cherry trees. I look for these especially at blossom time: they are gorgeous.

Coming down the road after savouring the cherry blossom, I have to stop frequently, to look at the shrubs and blooms in our’ front gardens.

Even the clipped hedges look good.

Walking up and down over the past week, rain and shine, I find gems!

Just a week ago, those Japonica flowers were tight, round buds in the rain.

Thank you Suggs and Madness ….. love that silly song!

Anne ….. photographs from April 17th,16th,9th. 2018

1. A lovely splash of colour Anne, spring is such a beautiful time of the year. Thank you for sharing :rose:

As my grandmother would have said, “A sight for sore eyes” – and I would add, “a sight for a sore mind” – absolutely sick of the greyness of protracted winter. Thank you Anne.

• gertie says:

I wish only that I could send it in ‘body’ to you Sheila :excruciating: It is very cheering and it’s clearly what is needed. You have mountains in Scotland, which I love, but You need the homely colours of front gardens too…good luck :good: :rose:

What lovely blooms Anne. London’s microclimate certainly brings things on. We noticed at Woburn, yesterday, that the trees are far ahead of ours.

4. dixon says:

The title sounds like a line out of a Madness song gertie. :lol: Lovely photos. :-)

:giggle: I had ‘Our House’ tramping along in my mind as I put it together Dixon … I love Suggs and Madness :good: :lol: :rose:

6. Absolutely gorgeous photos, Anne ;good:

Thank you Jane … am pleased that you like them :rose:

Thank you Walt :walt: :rose: … sorry I didn’t work out how to add a ‘Suggs/Madness-House’ link ;-) :rose: