hello all

hi all

its been a time since I was last on this site but as usual plenty to do in the growing season watering being the  biggest job to keep things going

where very busy getting the garden open for the NGS open day but with all the gardens open we managed to collect nearly £4000 pounds for charities on the day

I have to say its not been a very good year down the allotments because there’s no piped water down there

we have yet to harvest the potato crop fingers crossed we  mite have a bag or two

but since it actually rained we now have plenty of weeds growing very well

its not helped being ill for the last six weeks two of those spent in hospital no able to do any gardening things do tend to go back to nature

anyway its nice to be back on site

Dear Roly, it’s lovely to see you back and I hope that you are now fit and well … have had one of those years too and the weather joined in didn’t it ;-) :-) Because of illness I too have a very late crop of potatoes and beans growing in GG which :fingers-crossed: might be harvestable at the end of the year :confused:
    You did well with he NGS, bravo :good:
    Anyway, welcome back and take care of yourself :rose:

Welcome back Roly, sorry to hear you haven’t been well, hope you are back on track now. What a great result with the open gardens. :good: It’s been a tricky year for watering but lovely to have some decent sun here in Northern Ireland. Hope your spuds are good, I’m hoping to harvest mine shortly.

Lovely to have you back Roly but sorry to hear you haven’t ben well. Wonderful result on your open gardens, well done. I hope you have some potatoes to reward you. ;-)

4. roly says:

thanks to you all for your kind replies I’ve got plenty of garden topics to share with you when things get a little better :good:

5. Jenn says:

Hello Roly and lovely to see you again. Very sorry to hear that you have been unwell – hopefully you will back on form and in the garden soon :rose: :rose: :rose:

6. Jenn says:

7. Hayley says:

Welcome back Roly and so sorry you have been poorly. Onwards and upwards, one day at a time :-) :rose:

Sorry to hear you have been unwell, but hopefully your on the road to recovery :rose: xx

9. Hello Roly :-) good to see you clicking again and hope your health is on the mend :good:

We’ve missed you Roly, and so glad you are back and on the mend. Am sure your plot and garden are not quite so “back to nature” as mine – and your garden can’t possibly be, if you could enter it in the NGS Open Garden scheme. So pleased to see you again.

11. roly says:

our flower garden is still looking good thanks to my wife tending it the allotment has suffered a bit from being left to nature but again the wife has been tidying things up a little way to go yet

all I can do is offer advise on what jobs need doing first till I get back on my feet I hate not being able to get involved in the allotment jobs after leading such an active life on the allotments but the doctors know best so i’m taking things steady at present anyone that knows me knows that’s not me :disappointed: