Autumn … Ageing Beautifully.

Autumn … Ageing Beautifully.

Asters, I have always called them Michaelmas Daisies …..

… followed by Teasels; lots and lots of glorious Teasels …..

… lined each side of a sunny lane.

Further along, Thistles danced with the Teasels, high against the sky.

Wild, old plants in a merry dance of death … ‘way to go!’

Meanwhile other old plants stood in stately stillness as more Asters came into view,  and bees were nourished anew.

Lakeside Poplars are yellowing and spiders find sunny niches in the trees to hang their webs: … Autumn, rich and busy.

Asters and Teasels

Ageing Thistle brushes shine

Crowding the hedgerows.

Anne … September 17th 20

1. Allan says:

Shake some teasle heads and get some seed Anne,They are the favourite food of the goldfinch,They are bi annuals hough. :good: :rose:

:lol: Oh ,Thanks Allan…I will do :good: :rose:

Rich and busy indeed Anne, a lovely blog. :good:

More lovely photos Anne, thank you :-)

• gertie says:

Thank you Cilla :-) I want to go again today and shake some Teasels as Allan suggested. I hadn’t realised that they were biennial either, so that explains why the ones in the fields are there in full force. and those in GG are just growing taller and so far, just green and leafy …so many things to learn….nature is such fun :lol: :rose:

5. Lovely walk, Anne :-) Teasels are magnificent! The farmer’s field has always had a couple on the edge since I first planted one in my garden ;-)

Absolutely brilliant photographs, Anne – but I expect nothing less – the whole blog was quite lyrical. I wished I could walk there.

I wish that you could come too Sheila … you would love it; it’s a lovely, nearly wild place in the midst of London: we are so lucky to have it here. :clover: :love: :rose: