September 2018’s End.

September 2018’s End.

Yesterday, our brief walk took us from the Love Lane end of the South Norwood Country Park, quickly around, and back out again at Love Lane.
All the way, as I strolled comfortably along lapping up the autumn colours, Dom went whizzing off to the accompaniment of comments from a mobile … honestly, worse than Alexa!!

Today, the last day of September, we both strolled comfortably, discovering yet more little pathways and views from Hilltops [I think the latter are Spoil Heaps left after the building of the railway tracks, now used by Croydon Trams.]

I like railway and wall graffiti … suspect I am in a small minority here … but it fascinates me.

I was yet again, wowed by the abundance of deep red Hawthorn fruit, …..

… and Rowan trees which had revived since the showers we had during last week.

Close, and far away, fascination catches my eyes, whichever way I turn.

The place is a gold mine for ‘would be’ fabric designers … such a variety of patterns and colours.

There were ‘ever hopeful’ Blackberry brambles too! ….

… and thistles that made me think of worn out fluffy teddy bears on stalks!

There were trees … here are just two …..

Then we wandered back homewards through the falling autumn leaves.

Anne …. 30th September, 2018….[that, were he still alive, would have been my Dad’s 99th birthday.]

1. A lovely walk Anne, wish I could have enjoyed it with you :-) the street of brightly painted house looks brilliant. Still so much colour & flowers about. Some of those seed heads are amazing, just waiting for the right time to either drop or let the wind catch them and take them wherever :good:

Spot on Lynn :good: … you’d love it :-) … we must arrange something for next Autumn :love: :rose:

3. A lovely walk, Anne, as Lynn says. Some lovely fruit in the photos – worthy of a competition entry somewhere, I’m sure ;-)

Good morning Anne. Another lovely walk with you, you see so much more detail than the average person, those seed heads are beautiful. The coloured houses reminded me of Ireland where there was an abundance of them.

• gertie says:

I have visited only Dublin city Cilla, and remember the river and the corner pub.
      I like that row of coloured dwellings in Love Lane … they look like ‘happy homes’.
      The seed heads are fascinating constructions aren’t they …like little fists waiting for the right moment to fling their seed babies out to the winds. :love: :rose:

I have slowly been realising (thanks mostly to you and Cilla) that mine has been a misspent life in that I haven’t walked and observed as the pair of you do, since I was a youngster – and when I see your photographs, I regret it. What is the dark red seed head in this blog? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one like it. :-)

Sheila you do so much good and share your lovely company and expertise with so many people in so many different ways … I gasp to even try to keep up with you, and tell myself that none of us can do everything. Am just glad that you think I’m ok at something :lol:
    Am not sure what the seed head is yet, [still trying to find out]: think it’s some sort of umbelliferous plant like Cow Parsley … I bet Cilla would know! :love: :rose:

Your photos remind me of why I love Autumn :love:

How lovely :-) Susie …thank you :love: :rose:

9. dixon says:

Great look as Autumn commences gertie. :good:

:lol: Thanks Dixon … got the ‘mellow fruitfulness’ now trying to get up early enough to catch ‘the mists’! :lol: :rose: