Hermione’s Hallowe’en 2018

Hermione’s Hallowe’en 2018

October 31st dawned bright and clear. Under the moon, squirrels hid in the Fig tree, greedily munching on the juicy fruits.

In the kitchen Hermione finished a canvas for the Teds .

Back at the C.P.Pads, the canvas was placed by the Art room …..

… and Hermione continued to make the Teds comfortable, by sorting and tidying their apartments.
Paris Ted came to look at the canvas staring at it in admiration.

Later during the day, after baking Chocolate Brownies with her Nan, Hermione went down into Gertie’s Garden and diligently righted pots and swept paths, clearly enjoying the garden chores as much as her Nan did! Together they made GG tidy.

Night time fell and with the coming darkness Hermione disappeared and a witch emerged from the C.P.Pads!

… a modern-day witch holding a strange technical device!

The door-bell rang ….. The witch heard it …..
… with a wicked smile she turned and went down the stairs …..

Nanny Witch went with her … a crooked smile on her mask-like face!

… outside stood a little witch, chewing a Brownie … with ATTITUDE!

… accompanied by other sinister creatures!

Later, there was another call ….

Hermione and the silver-masked skeleton faced each other!

Silver Mask said not a word, but slunk away into the darkness with booty!
After the visits, Hermione the Witch, went Trick-or-Treating around the local streets with her Dad and retrieved much of the ‘booty’ she had given to the earlier visitors! That was a fun night!

Anne-the-Nan ….. 31.10.2018

With thanks to Toni for her picture of Nan-witch!

Utterly brilliant, Anne. Your blog made me wish I had a Hermione (garden tidying), and also made me wish that when I was Hermione’s age, that I had a grandmother like you. You must be the perfect grandmother to visit on Hallow’een.
    PS You make a blooming good witch too.

Am ashamed to say that once upon a time, a long time ago, I scared some infant schoolchildren witless during a Hallowe’en Assembly Sheila! … had to un-mask and [hopefully] reassure them that it was only me!!! :excruciating:
    I was delighted when Hermione whisked the broom from my grasp and declared that she loved doing it … I was delegated to using my large, plastic ‘scoop-hands’ and putting the sweepings in a sack or whatever. :good:

I believe that you did scare some youngsters witless – can remember feeling quite frightened at Hallow’een myself, and I didn’t have to deal with you in full theatrical mode….

4. What a fab day you all had, Anne :good:

• gertie says:

We really did Jane :-) am so glad Hermione came, it had been a while since I last saw her…she’s a senior school girl now, no longer in Primary school, but still open to everything and so quietly enthusiastic and smart. :rose:

How absolutely brilliant Anne. What a star Hermione is and those costumes……..fab…u…lous :lol: I loved the pointy nosed adult witch too, it looks like a really fun night, thank you for sharing it :-)

:lol: teehee, that pointy nosed adult was terrific wasn’t she! … as for costumes, all we needed were make up or masks, hats and a long piece of shiny material to cloak ‘big sister’s’ old party dress! :lol: Hermione came well prepared and ready … she is a Star :good:
    The children who visited were fantastic too, and the Mums were terrific :-) :rose:

Wonderful Anne…A witch with magic powers that helps tidy GG :good: A fun Halloween had by all :good:

It was Susie :lol: … thanks :rose: