Gertie’s Garden, Mid-March 2019

Gertie’s Garden, Mid-March 2019

As we came through the gate at seven o’clock in the evening, on the 14th March, we happily noticed the Camellia rallying, with beautiful blooms.

Dame de Court rose looks healthy and all around GG there are green leaves of Bluebells, Crocosmia, Iris, Tulips [many with buds,] and flowering Daffodils..

High and low there is blossom, old …..

… and new, at last!

Clematis by Dom’s shed is sprouting, and I think that the red Hellebore will spread more next year, if conditions are right.

The pots of babies and cuttings, left much to their own devices, are looking happy; and yippee! Rhubarb is coming back too!

It’s untidy, with sprouting birdseed, but green and happy-looking.

Anne … March 14th, 2019.

Very happy looking indeed Anne, amazing you have so much colour already. :good: Love that red hellebore. :rose:

2. All looks amazing, Anne and you will have easily noticed the growth after being away :-)

• gertie says:

Yes, and for once I don’t mind all those green Bluebell leaves Jane :-) I am chuffed with the Camellia, thought I was losing it last year, but a lot of special care seems to have it reviving…I hope so. Those marked leaves tell me that am not out of the wood yet! :-( :rose:

It is a lovely colourful mix Anne and always exciting to spot new things after time away :rose:

4. dixon says:

Looks very nice for so early in the year gertie. :good:

Thanks Dixon :-)
    It’s blessedly sheltered there, except for a path that runs alongside the whole length and acts as a wind tunnel.
    Frost tends to miss it , unless it’s icy around about for long time periods.
    I just wish I had room for a Bramley Apple tree, but one can’t have everything ennit! :-) :rose:

it looks fabulous Anne :good:

Thanks Susie. have never thought of GG as fabulous, especially not compared with folks’ gardens in this group, but I really love it out there at the moment! It’s so alive :dance: :lol: :rose: