Gertie’s Garden Flowers, February 1st 2020.

Gertie’s Garden Flowers, February 1st 2020.

Hellebores are arriving again … just gorgeous!

Freckles is hanging on, and I am glad about this at least, as the garage owner next door has cut off overhanging Clematis on the edge of his garage and he’s cut off at the base over my side gggrrr!!! not the tips, so I have no Clematis Montana over the Arbour this year. 

Other perennials are coming back too, but I don’t know all their names. 
I think that some never left. 
I love the creased silkiness of unfolding Geranium petals.

There were even Pelargoniums out there, some still flowering in the cold!

Even Peace, pale with the cold, was blooming blousily. 

Anne ….. February 1st, 2020

1. Beautiful blooms, Anne. Sad face, On the Montana, you might get a few as they do grow very quickly??? Why did your neighbour cut it at the base,if it’s in your garden? It will grow back again.

It’s not my actual neighbour living there Lynn. the garage is owned by a decent enough fellow, but he got another worker to cut the stuff. I don’t know why he cut it so drastically, I wasn’t there at the time, but hey, I guess he reckoned it was needed ? I used to clean that garage and weed it but now it’s locked up so I can’t any more …strange … who knows?
    I hope there is some stuff to grow back again … it was so pretty last year. Thanks for looking and reading. HAGE :love: :rose:

3. Len says:

beautiful pictures anne. :good:

4. Tubs says:

Lovely selection of flowers, I am going to get a freckles next month? I love it every time I see it in your garden. Naughty man to cut your clematis,

You have some lovely early flowers in your microclimate Anne, those hellebores are fabulous. The montana should regenerate but my montana Marjorie that I planted between us and the neighbour “mysteriously” died a year ago and I do suspect foul play…..but on which side of the fence I’m not sure :confused:

• gertie says:

Isn’t it difficult Cilla…one doesn’t want to be cross or intrusive but really! it was only a little-used garage which I used to sweep anyway, and my flowers always decorated his side towards the sun …. I couldn’t win. I have :fingers-crossed: that it will regenerate, thanks :rose: :lol:

6. Gorgeous display, Anne but I feel for you on ‘losing’ your clematis – hopefully only very temporarily :rose:

Thanks Jane :rose: … I do feel gutted, and not sure how to re-establish it, without the access to being able to get into the garage space to sweep it for him. I don’t want to clutter up his space with fallen leaves and petals!. …. and to think I thanked the bloke at the time for trimming [or so I thought :silly: :mad: ] If I can catch the owner I shall speak to him and sort things out properly. I see him pass by in his van from time to time, but he lives elsewhere.

Such pretty flowers Anne , and as said before how inconsiderate to cut back the Montana like this, some people are just plain selfish as most of us wouldn’t dream of doing this, really hope it comes back with a vengeance and I’d certainly would have to speak to him about this ;-)

Thanks Karen :-) It’s great to have support :good: :rose: