Home Forums Gardening Questions Black grass

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    gertie
    Participant

I have black grasses in GG [love’em :-) ] and last year one gave me a bunch of mini grapes ;-) Should i wait until these seeds[?] split , or should i harvest and dry before sowing them? Any suggestions Please? if no experiences then i shall experiment and let you know :good: :-) :rose:

Attachments:
    cilla
    Participant

I find they spread of their own accord Anne but it is fun to experiment anyway 😊

Owdboggy
    Participant

It is so long since I did it I cannot remember what I did. I do remember that only about a third of them come up black, the rest were just standard green. :good:
    I think I squashed the berries and removed the seeds and sowed them straight away.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Owdboggy.
    gertie
    Participant

Thank you both :-) :-) :rose: :rose:

Allan

I had dozens of them fall onto the garden Anne,They are popping up everywhere,I cut the tangle back to one branch,A foot from the graft,It was too big for a small garden,Just push them in ,in different clear spots in the garden as they are, :rose:

karenp
    Participant

Never heard of these before so I googled them, what a striking plant too :good:

gertie
    Participant

Thank you Allan. :rose: I has another look and indeed, on closer inspection I see several baby shoots coming through which look as if they will turn blacker as they mature. I shall then do like yourself, pop ’em in around the Garden.
    They are lovely Karen, and provide a good contrast to many other plants…good fun :good: :-) :rose:

Owdboggy
    Participant

It is a Lily relative by the way. I did have one which produced the most odd coloured bluish/green berries. Don’t think I brought it with us when we moved though.

gertie
    Participant

Would you like me to send you half a dozen berries Eric? :rose:

Owdboggy
    Participant

No thank you. We found it was far too robust for us.

gertie
    Participant

Ah, interesting, okay :good:
    I like robust … it needs to be here in GG, otherwise the enormous snails and slugs would have a field day! :rose:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.