Home Forums Gardening Questions Bush tomatoes outside in pots

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gertie
    Participant

Am gradually putting out my growing tomatoes by a sunny wall in GG. I don’t have a greenhouse.
    Will they be okay out there or do you think I should try to find room in the Glassroom? I notice that most of you grow them in beautiful, tidy greenhouses :-) :walt: :clover: :rose:

cilla
    Participant

Hedge your bets Anne. I don’t know how many you have. You have a very warm garden so I’m sure they will do well outside. Just try one in the glassroom as an experiment. :-)

gertie
    Participant

Thank you Cilla … i wondered that…good idea, thanks :good: btw I have buds coming on some but they are not as forward as yours or those of Tubs. :rose:

Allan

I have had my gardeners delight out for nearly a month Anne, Put one out to test the water,Then all had too go. :good: :rose:

NorthernTeacher
    Participant

Depending on your numbers, Anne, I’d put some inside the glass room and some out. I have done that and it means they won’t all come at once.

Walt
    Participant

These are ‘Losetto’ bush Tomatoes. They were planted on May 18, after the cold spell. I also have 26 different varieties planted on the allotment.

Attachments:
    gertie
    Participant

This is a wonderful array of useful answers Folks, and it ticks all my boxes …. Thank you all very much :walt: :rose:

Yewbarrow
    Participant

going to have to grow a few toms outside this year Anne as no greenhouse has materialised yet – ordered and paid for – I think I can put them in pots against the south wall of the house, that way supposing we have more of this lovely weather the heat from the walls will help overnight and they will get the sun during the day – so best of luck with yours, I do grow some on the allotment, don’t always get many to ripen but ok for chutneys and pickles etc.

gertie
    Participant

Thanks Jenny :-) That’s exactly what I am doing with my outdoor growers … against the house wall and opposite the day’s Sun as it goes around :good: :rose:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.