Home Forums Gardening Questions Cucumbers

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Beanstew 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

NorthernTeacher
    Participant

How do all you clickers train your cucumbers and do you pinch them out like we do with tomatoes? I seem to have zillions of small ones and lots of ‘branches’. Help!

cilla
    Participant

How fortuitous. I just watched Charles Dowding on You Tube re: training cucs, toms aubergines etc. It tells you all you need to know.

NorthernTeacher
    Participant

Ha, it’s just arrived in my inbox, Cilla :good:

Beanstew
    Participant

I won’t bother adding my twopence worth then – it was only worth about a halfpanny anyway…..

NorthernTeacher
    Participant

No, please do, Sheila; for a start, I don’t have the same space as C Dowding – have you seen the way he uses string in his polytunnel?!

Beanstew
    Participant

I have only grown these a couple of times because I’m not particularly fond of them. My experience was much the same as yours – hundreds of the blooming things – and it seems like common sense to limit the number for better quality. I even had a recipe for cooked cucumbers when the children were young which was quite effective – but that has been lost for years. I think it might depend on the qualities bred into the seed – but others like Tony, Allan or Walt will give you more helpful advice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.