Home Forums Gardening Questions French Bean Problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Frank AKA seasider 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Frank AKA seasider
    Participant

I am growing french beans again this year and am trying Blue Lake for the first time. I grew them from seed in G/H and planted out as usual when warm enough. About 1 month before planting I dug a trench and filled with a bag of concentrated farmyard manure from :confused: G/C and covered it up. The plants set off and grew well, when they were about 4ft high the leaves on 2 plants withered and the plants died. I set off another 2 to take their place and they grew ok to about the same size and now they have died. The rest are all growing fine and are producing loads of beans. I dug out the roots of the failed ones but they were fine so I am at a loss as to the problem. Can anyone suggest a possible cause? :confused:

dixon
    Participant

Maybe too rich frank, thats all I can think. :dunno:

Frank AKA seasider
    Participant

Hi Dixon, maybe, the trouble is I don’t have any homemade compost now I haven’t got the room so I buy this farmyard manure thinking it is a good substitute maybe too good eh. But the rest are doing fine so its a bit of a mystery I have checked in the experts guide to French Beans to no avail. So much for Dr Hessayon :lol:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.