Home Forums Gardening Questions Have I Got Everything That I Need?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Frank AKA seasider 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Beanstew
    Participant

I unpacked the new greenhouse base that I ordered from the Greenhouse People this afternoon – and was a bit concerned not to find any bolts or screws with it, with which to join the frame to it – and no holes in it to pass any screws through. Is this normal? Do I need a special drill bit which will drill through metal? Help!

dixon
    Participant

No holes and no bolts is not good sheila……..unless you have a welding machine……..burn their ears. :devil:

Walt
    Participant

You will need a drill bit for metal :good:

dixon
    Participant

Unless they interlock without nuts and bolts…….if all else fails take a look at the destructions :lol:

Beanstew
    Participant

Would love to take a look at some instructions – but there aren’t any. Think this base is designed for people who know what they are doing. Shall give the Greenhouse People an urgent call before I leave for more boring LA training.

NorthernTeacher
    Participant

Bummer, Sheila! Hope you get it sorted!

VegVamp
    Keymaster

Yikes, definitely give them a call Sheila. Will keep everything crossed for you. :fingers-crossed:

cilla
    Participant

Why does nothing ever go smoothly? Everything crossed here as well :fingers-crossed:

Frank AKA seasider
    Participant

Hi Sheila
    Hope you are getting sorted with your base, I just looked on greenhouse people website and instructions for bases are on there. They clearly show the corner bracket fixings and it states that screws and bolts are included and no mention of drilling holes so they should be pre-drilled. I found them a very good firm and I am sure that if you contact them they will sort it quickly. I bought some staging from them and they sent the wrong size tops but following a phone call, they sent correct ones by special delivery.

Beanstew
    Participant

Hi Frank, I phoned Thomas Spooner their Technical person yesterday morning, and he emailed me a copy of the installation instructions, and also sent me by post the bits and pieces and the instruction sheet that was missing from my package. He also added a copy of the instructions to their website yesterday (at my suggestion). It wasn’t there beforehand. Luckily the bits arrived today.

VegVamp
    Keymaster

Hope everything goes well today Sheila. What did he say about the lack of fixing holes in the frame? Hope someone is taking photos?

Beanstew
    Participant

Daughter might have taken photographs if she was there, but unfortunately she won’t be. He has sent some sort of fixing clips to attach the frame to the base. At least yesterday’s wind has dropped, thank the Wee Man.

VegVamp
    Keymaster

Good news on the clips. :good: But a pity about the photos as it would have been really interesting to see.

Frank AKA seasider
    Participant

Hi Sheila

That’s good about the instructions and missing clips,hopefully it will make a bit more sense now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.