Home Forums Gardening Questions maincrop potatoes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Frank AKA seasider 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Frank AKA seasider
    Participant

I was looking at buying a few potato setts and came across a variety Carolus, I have not heard of them or know anyone who has tried these, they get a good write up in T&Ms catalogue. Has anybody grown these? if so what is the verdict bearing in mind I only grow in containers now. I would be interested to hear what the panel think.

Walt
    Participant

Hello Frank. I have grown Carolus for the last 2 years and I shall this year. It is a good cropper and a good keeper. It is a good all-rounder with blight resistance. We shall be having some with dinner this evening :good:

Frank AKA seasider
    Participant

Hello Walt
    Thanks for your reply which is just about the same results as claimed in the catalogue which is good news, I will give them a try this year. Last year I grew Desiree,which did very well but the only problem I had was scab which affected them quite badly, but they are fine once peeled. We are still using them now. I like to try new things and Carolus are new to me, cant wait now roll on spring :good:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.