Home Forums Gardening Questions Potato Blight

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dixon 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Frank AKA seasider
    Participant

Is there any spray now available for helping to prevent potato blight,I enquired at local G/C but they had nothing to offer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Walt
    Participant

dandlyon
    Participant

As Walt says you can still get Dithane 295 at certain out lets. Its cheaper to go on line and buy copper sulphate and make your own Bordeaux mixture. I started spraying two weeks ago and will re spray every two weeks ’till end of August

Frank AKA seasider
    Participant

Thanks Walt for that info, I was not sure what to use as I only new about Bordeaux mixture and I had read it had been banned so I asked the so called expert at local garden centre (he had been on the course apparently) and he new of nothing that could be used, so much for them.

Tony thank you also I did`nt realise about spraying this early I shall have to get a start better late than never.

Frank AKA seasider
    Participant

I followed your link Walt and ordered from Mcparlands, thank you.

dixon
    Participant

Hi Frank I use Bordeaux mixture if the humidity gets to 90% for a sustained time.

Frank AKA seasider
    Participant

Thanks Dixon my Dithane arrived today, brilliant service from Mcparlands.I am only growing in containers now so I was trying to manage without having to make my own Bordeaux mixture for the small amount I am going to need, but if needs must I will have to give it a try. Does it keep long or do you just mix a small amount at a time?

dixon
    Participant

Hi frank, yes I keep copper sulphate in my shed and mix small amounts when required. :good:

Frank AKA seasider
    Participant

Thanks Dixon that sounds like a good idea, I will have a look on line and get some.

dixon
    Participant

Think I got mine off E-bay frank.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.