Home Forums Gardening Questions pruning plum trees.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ambersparkle 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Len
    Participant

Allan. i have one tree that is about 4 years old. it must have been grafted. i got victories of it but also some smaller yellow plums. it flowers early in february.should i wait till spring to prune it ?

Allan

it sounds like a double variety graft Len, It will benefit being pruned in the spring when the buds burst,The same as the others,,,That is when the buds swell up, But are not yet open.

Len
    Participant

thank you

Len
    Participant

Allan, whilst on the subject of the fruit trees.i know all the fallen leaves from them have to be cleared. can they be stored like other leaves for leaf mould , put into the compost bin, or disposed of at the tip.

Allan

You can compost them Len,The trees you have are clear,So no problem.Put a bit of lime Over them in the heap, Just to make sure.

Len
    Participant

ok thanks. will do.

Ambersparkle
    Participant

Glad this Question was asked, as some of my Plum Tree Branches are like long Whips, and was going to get Son to prune them. Now can wait till Spring. Thanks Allan.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.