Home Forums Gardening Questions Rhondda Blacks

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Palletman 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Palletman
    Participant

I have been contacted by a guy called Adam Alexander. He wants to research the origins of the Rhondda Black runner beans. He is a passionate conservationist.
    May I introduce him to the member who have me a bag of seed? They are still the best beans I ever grew.
    Sorry, but I can’t remember his name, shocking isn’t it?
    Bill Kerr

Allan

Bill I gave you the beans,Sheila said at the time that you would be interested,53 years ago I grew them first, Allan,

Allan

I think it was Gloster, or Chepstow I sent them too you, They were a sport from a normal bean at the time ,I remember the year I grew them ,Because it was the year my son was born.

VegVamp
    Keymaster

And they are now grown in Scotland, England and Ireland as well as Wales, all from Alan’s original seed Bill. :good:

dandlyon
    Participant

Rhondda Black still hard to beat,
    Best in show
    Best in vegetable class
    NVS silver medal

Attachments:

dandlyon
    Participant

Gardening club open show 2019

Attachments:

Allan

Well done Tony, :good:

gertie
    Participant

Brilliant…bravo both :good: :-) :rose:

karenp
    Participant

I’m still growing these runner beans from the original seeds Allan you sent me a few years ago, also I’ve past them onto other plot holders too, they are such amazing beans and can see why they are excellent for showing too :good:

Allan

Well done Karen, :good:

Palletman
    Participant

Allen, can I make an introduction between yourself and Adam Alexander?

If it’s okay with you, can you share your phone number so I can pass it on to Adam?

Or whatever you suggest.

Thanks Bill

Allan

Yes no problem Bill, :good:

Allan

Bill, Adam phoned me about a week ago ,Had a good chat for about a quarter of an hour,He is very knowledgeable,

Allan

Bill this is a photo that you can show Adam,It’s when I pick them for seed and only keeping the best.

Attachments:

Palletman
    Participant

They look like prizewinners Allan, and the marrow behind. I have put those beans on now so all is well again!
    Cheers
    Bill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.