Home Forums Gardening Questions what's this tree?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tubs 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

newshootNic
    Participant

Can anyone help identify this tree please?
    A single stemmed tree with lovely red tinged leaves and dried red berries, that look like small rosehips. Couldn’t see any thorns on the branches. Can’t seem to add more than one photo at a time, so can attach more pics if anyone thinks they can help but needs more pics.
    Thanks!

Attachments:

gertie
    Participant

I thought at first cherry of some sort, but then, maybe Barberry? check out the latter Nic, and then ask Cilla :good: :lol: :rose:

newshootNic
    Participant

It’s definitely a tree. There were a group of them, here’s a pic of one showing the whole tree. It has got me stumped (ho ho). Hopefully someone can help!!!

Attachments:

NorthernTeacher
    Participant

It could be a Photinia. This link gives some information: “An evergreen shrub which, if not pruned, reaches a height of 4m / 13ft with a similar spread. Red Robin grows at a rate of about 30cm / 1ft per year when established. It responds very well to pruning and can easily be kept to a height 1.2m / 4ft”.
    RED ROBIN (PHOTINIA)
    I have 2 but I don’t let them get that big and therefore have never seen them flower or produce fruit.

Tubs
    Participant

I think it may be one of the Hollies perhaps Japanese,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.