Bees

Bee id

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    NorthernTeacher
    Participant

The blog Urban Pollinators at http://urbanpollinators.blogspot.co.uk/ is written by researchers at a couple of universities and the entry today has some lovely photos of various bees and might help those of you who take pics of your bees and want to know what sort they are.

VegVamp
    Keymaster

Just bee-n (sorry :rose:) reading this Jane, what a great site, thank you! :good:

Attachments:
    NorthernTeacher
    Participant

Be(e)have, VV ;-)   Buzzzzzz

Hayley

This is really interesting J, thank you. I love the dancing male bees:heart: I spend ages watching them in the garden so it’s good to put a name to a buzzer:yes:

NorthernTeacher
    Participant

Brill that you recognise them, Hayley :-) :rose:

Bill
    Participant

Well, I learned something, thanks for the blog Jane. Red tailed bumble bee on my blueberries.

Attachments:
    NorthernTeacher
    Participant

What a fabulous pic, Bill and I’m so glad you like the blog :good: :rose:

I want one :yes:

Hayley

With bees beeing in the news so much at the moment J it’s important to protect what we have in our gardens:heart: I’ll be looking and checking closer now :good:

Gorgeous pic Bill :good:

Yewbarrow
    Participant

bumble bees are buzzing around now in the garden, always leave a dandelion or two for them to feed on when they come out

Daffy Gardener
    Participant

Great web site – will have a good look later. There is also a great little spread sheet produced by the FSC (field Studies council) with scale and enlarged pictures. In between A4 and A5 size with wipe clean covering. They also do one for ladybirds. They’re a good investment too. :good:

VegVamp
    Keymaster

Arriving thick and fast in VV’s garden I’m delighted to say.

Common Carder this one I think?

Attachments:
    VegVamp
    Keymaster

And either White tailed or Buff tailed Bee? Never sure between these two!

Attachments:
    NorthernTeacher
    Participant

Fab pics, Karen :good: Tried to photograph a bee burrowing yesterday – hope to put some pics on later. Love those buzzers :yahoo:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.