Growing Vegetables

2016 veg failures.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dixon 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

dixon
    Participant

Three sowings of carrots before finally getting a crop.

dandlyon
    Participant

It may not be anything you’ve done Dix, quite a few of our plot holders myself included have failed with carrots until we found the small black slugs were eating them as they emerged, also parsnips and beetroot, a few slug pellets cured the problem

Yewbarrow
    Participant

ony 3 Dix – given up on them completely here, planted some seeds in the autumn which should have over wintered – they appeared and then the slugs had them, have decided that was my final, final, final attempt – could grow them when we lived in Yorkshire but up here or over here no luck so far – – – apart from in the greenhouse during the winter, manage fine with that method

gertie
    Participant

There are many rather exotic large slugs in Gertie’s Garden but the most menacing nuisances are the tiny ones, blacks and greys, that live under the the soil and come out to eat when you aren’t looking! gggrrr!!! :lol:

Walt
    Participant

Sowed 3 rows 9 days ago, slug pellets (organic type) applied as necessary, all showing now :good:

AliCat
    Participant

Onions ………. Bolted
    Lettuce ……… Limp
    Sugar Snaps ….. Old seeds poor germination
    Spring Onions … Look like limp chives
    Rhubarb ……… Slug Ridden
    Raspberries ….. Virus?
    Strawberries …. 50% plant loss to vine weevil
    Everything Else . To be confirmed ;-)

bizzylizzy
    Participant

don’t think I’ve done to bad reading all your comments , 2 sowing’s of parsnip’s for me everything else is looking fine , ho and my peach tree forgot about that spider mite ——- sprayed it with a mix of neem oil and water all the leaves fell off :-( so that’s [email protected]@ered that for this year!!!!!

dixon
    Participant

Three sowings of parsnips for me lizzy. :-(

bizzylizzy
    Participant

think it may be down to the weather dix wet and cold in the night’s , that’s what i’m putting it down to everything had a slow start

dixon
    Participant

Think you are right Lizzy. :-(

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.