Growing Vegetables

Sprouts are not just for Christmas

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  NorthernTeacher 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

NorthernTeacher
    Participant

VegVamp
    Keymaster

Yea for sprouts, well done Jane, I love my sprouts. :good:

NorthernTeacher
    Participant

I don’t but maybe I should :lol:

VegVamp
    Keymaster

You don’t like sprouts? Shock horror! ;-) Lightly steamed, then tossed in butter and black pepper – Yum. :good:

Beanstew
    Participant

I am not in the least surprised that sprouts need a robust defence – and I can see the sprout growers are becoming ever more desperate. One of them has bribed a university recently to produce research which suggests that substances in sprouts and other green vegetables helps to defend the human brain against dementia and ageing. It is just a tremendous coincidence that this announcement has been made just before Christmas, when dotty Aunt Agatha may (or may not) turn up for lunch. Countless shoppers who planned weak-mindedly NOT to have sprouts this year ( because after all it is just a tradition) now feel compelled to purchase them and serve them to everyone JUST IN CASE. But one of the main points has been lost. They are a medicine, and should be swallowed with other pills and potions just after breakfast – and NOT as part of a celebratory meal.
    PS I do NOT eat sprouts, and I am only slightly dotty.

Ambersparkle
    Participant

Ilove Sprouts, and always have, I cut mine in half, boil a few Minutes, then drop into ice cold Water, to keep them Green. When needed, put into fresh boiling water for a few Minutes, serve with plenty of Butter and black Pepper. You can also serve them shredded, with crispy Bacon bits, and Onion, wonderful!

NorthernTeacher
    Participant

Yays and nays for sprouts then!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.