Photography

March Photo Theme: All things spring!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    gertie
    Participant

Spring comes into the garden … :rose:

Attachments:
    gertie
    Participant

Spring comes to the Wiggly Willow! :rose:

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by gertie.
    Attachments:
    gertie
    Participant

Blossom in amongst the mini ‘bunches of grapes’ of the Privet ;-) :rose:

Attachments:
    NorthernTeacher
    Participant

Many congratulations to both Anne and Cilla for being absolutely joint winners in the March photo competition! The photos all showed lovely aspects of spring and my faves by each are Anne’s single tulip bud and Cilla’s budding poplar trees. Lovely shots, both of you!
    To this end and unfortunately what can only be described as limited interest this month, I consulted with the winners and we agreed that the photo comp needs a bit of a break. We seem to enjoy adding photos to our clicks more these days. It’s obvious we all like to see other people’s photos without having to stick to a theme and it’s possible we can do something with the Like button facility on those photos… Any comments or ideas please just put below and we’ll see what transpires.
    Jane

cilla
    Participant

Thanks Jane but what a disappointing entry especially as nobody had to leave their garden for the theme :-(

gertie
    Participant

Thank you Jane. I enjoy the photo competition as it seems a way of understanding more fully, how others see and enjoy aspects of our World and in what they find pleasure [or not, if the subject so chooses :lol: ] The one aspect that I have never enjoyed, is the ‘winner/not winner’ aspect of it and being a judge of that, or even recipient, if it says that my pics aren’t of interest ;-)
    One possibility I moot, is maybe a themed photo space per month, in which people could pop a picture. It could be a theme outside the garden [let it not be said that gardeners have single=track minds ;-) ] where folks could comment with their pictures and others could reply, either in kind, or simply with words. it is said that ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’
    To borrow from a recent Guardian article, it could be for example … ‘irenic’? What brings YOU peace? …. please let’s not lose the space completely :excruciating: :-) :love: :rose:

NorthernTeacher
    Participant

I think the ‘theme’ aspect might be part of the issue, Anne. Just having space for anyone and everyone to put up their own photos in a particular month that people can comment on or not might be easier. They will all be photography and so they can go in this group. If and when you have something you want to share for April, you could just open a new Photography Forum space, name it April 2021 and wait and see what happens.

gertie
    Participant

:good: Sounds like a plan Jane, a space for each month? … just enjoy, and comment if you want :good: . :-) :rose:

gertie
    Participant

APRIL FIDDLEDY DEE

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.