Tony’s Tips

Growing Garlic

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gertie 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gertie
    Participant

Hi Tony, please could you advise? I am going to sow some garlic bulbs that are sprouting. I know they are not especially treated for growing again, but I also know that they will grow well enough for me to eat! :-) I am thinking of buying some tall, around 6″ clay pots and starting them off in the Glassroom where it is sheltered, bright and warm. Will they mature in these, or should/could they later be planted outdoors in a clean plot in GG? Or is this just a silly idea? I would value your advice if you have time please?
    Anne :rose:

Yewbarrow
    Participant

they will grow very well outside Anne, as garlic needs a bit of cold to get it going well, I sometimes buy mine from the supermarket veg section and sometimes I buy “proper” ones from seed company – both grow ok

gertie
    Participant

Ah thanks Jenny…that’s just the sort of encouragement I needed to go ahead with the supermarket veg section ones which have dashed ahead in the cold kitchen whilst I have been away :-) :rose:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.